About the Position
TYPE OF JOB: Full time
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD – US
About Calvert Impact Capital
Founded in 1988, Calvert Impact Capital is a global non-profit investment firm that raises capital to invest in mission-driven organizations with an explicit, intentional, and measurable social and/or environmental impact in pursuit of a financial system that is more equitable and sustainable. We have raised more than $3 billion from individual and institutional investors that have fueled loans and investments into over 100 countries and nine impact sectors.
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking an experienced investment professional to join the Investments team. This individual will join the current 10-person Investments team at the organization and integral to the execution on the organization’s portfolio strategy. This person will have focus on advancing the current enterprise and portfolio strategy and identifying opportunities for innovation and growth. This person will work collaboratively with other members of the Investments team to find, develop, structure, underwrite, originate, and monitor financing opportunities that scale proven models of success and/or demonstrate new intermediary financing capacity and solutions across all impact sectors within the portfolio.
As a small Investments team we are all generalists to some degree by design, and as such, this person would engage in all impact sectors of the global portfolio, including renewable energy, environmental sustainability, financial inclusion and small business/SME finance, affordable housing, education, and health as needed. The position may require some international travel and is based in Bethesda, MD.
- Develop high quality and impactful financing opportunities that drive growth of Calvert Impact Capital’s investment portfolio by:
- Identifying financing opportunities that align with sector theories of change, portfolio strategy, risk appetite,
- Structuring to ensure credit risk of proposed investment is mitigated and is operationally and economically feasible;
- Performing due diligence of borrower/fund manager/counterparty and underlying transactions;
- Presenting investment opportunities to Investment Committees;
- Cultivating and managing philanthropic and other credit enhancement providers and co-lender relationships;
- On-going partner relationship management and monitoring of financial and social impact performance
- Identify sector and portfolio credit risk trends, manage actively monitored and/or classified assets, and re-structure troubled loans and implement work-outs as needed;
- Coach and mentor investment analysts;
- Advance Calvert Impact Capital’s industry leadership through network building, representation at industry conferences, and online and social media communications.
The ideal candidate brings:
- Commitment to our mission; sees investment as a means to create change in under-resourced communities, not as an end in itself. A vision of transforming the financial system to be more inclusive and to create economic opportunities for all.
- 7+ years of experience of demonstrated credit expertise and debt financing transactions, with experience in international structured finance and funds investing a plus;
- General knowledge of and network in impact investing field;
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication and collaboration skills. This role will manage multiple stakeholders, gain buy-in and ensure support within the organization and externally;
- Collaborative and sharing nature, can-do attitude, and good sense of humor;
- Ability to work from Calvert Impact Capital's office in Bethesda, MD;
- Ability to travel as necessary;
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Investments Team Posting'” in the email subject line. No phone inquiries please.